We hope that you have been inspired to create and then donate hats to Knitting Rays of Hope. Your donations will be included in each of our deliveries to local chemo centers. We welcome hats that have been crocheted, loomed, or knitted and can be for any age (preemie, baby, child, teen or adult) and any gender.
We also welcome donations of yarn or money and will apply 100% of all the generous gifts to the creation and donation of the chemo caps. You can contact us at: email@example.com for donations.
Yarn (or hat) Criteria:
- Must be new, never worn
- Should be washable
- Smoke-free & pet hair-free
- Soft yarn is best- cotton acrylic, silk, fleece or a blend.
- Wool/alpaca is acceptable, though is known to be scratchy. If using wool or alpaca, please label the hat- to warn those that are allergic
- Please wash your hands on a regular basis while making the hats.
- Hats do not need to be laundered if they are kept clean. If you feel an item has to be washed before donating it, please use a hypoallergenic detergent and rinse very well.
Loom Knitting Tutorials:
Click here for a list of tutorials from getting started on Loom Knitting. These videos are made by various people and were helpful to many of us.
Click here for some free patterns for Loom Knitting. As we document more patterns for our hats, we will keep adding to this list.
Mail to: Pali Wilson
382 N. Lemon Box #241
Walnut, CA 91789